Research & Clinical Interests
Translational research, including looking at the molecular and scientific basis for disease
Clinical trials targeted at high-risk cancer patientsﾭﾭ
New treatments for BPH
Eary stage, high-risk and advanced Prostate cancer
Active Funded Peer-Reviewed Research Grants
1. American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant 1/02-1/06
Title: Prostate stem cell antigen: Target for antibody therapy of prostate cancer
Princicpal Investigator: Robert E. Reiter
2. National Cancer Institute Specialized Program of Research Excellence
(Principal Investigator: Jean B. deKemion, M.D.
Co-Principal Investigators: Robert E. Reiter. Charles L. Sawyers and
Project 1: Preclinical and Clinical Studies of Prostate Stem Cell Antigen Monoclonal Antibodies
ﾭ Principal Investigator: Robert E. Reiter. M.D.
3. Department of Defense Army Research Grants 2/02-2/05
Title: Mechanisms and Refinements of PSCA Directed Antibody Therapy
Principal Investigator: Robert E. Reiter, M.D.
4. Department of Defense Army Research Grants 7/01-6/04
Title: Prostate Stem Cell Antigen: A Promising Prognostic Marker in Prostate Cancer
Principal Investigator: Robert E. Reiter. M.D.
5. Department of Defense Army Research Grants 1/03-12/05
Principal Investigor: Robert E. Reiter, M.D.
Title: A PSCA Promoter Based Avian Retroviral (TVA) Transgenic Model for the Study of Normal and Malignant Prostate Disease
6. National Institutes of Health-Program Project Grant 9/99-9/04
Title: Mouse Models of Prostate Cancer Principal Investigator. Charles Sawyers.M.D.
Co-Investigator and Leader of Project 4: Robert E. Reiter